Global Ambassador Program
The Global Ambassador Program aims to provide a leadership and intercultural development opportunity for UW-Stout study abroad alumni who wish to build on their international experience and increase the awareness of international education at UW-Stout. To accomplish this initiative, Global Ambassadors will engage in a series of programs, projects and events.
There are two components required of a Global Ambassador:
1) Volunteer at eight events (four each term) organized by the Office of International Education throughout the year. Possible events include:
- Study Abroad Fair (one per term)
- Study Abroad Pre-Departure Orientation
- First Year Registration and Orientation Resource Fair
- Preview Days
- Transfer Tuesdays
- Family Weekend
- Stout Saturdays
- International Week
- Presentations to student organizations and clubs
- Assisting OIE in classroom presentations
2) Carry out a leadership project upon return to the U.S. which promotes international education on campus. Projects should maximize the impact of their experience abroad extending the benefits that they received to the UW-Stout campus community. Projects can be general or focus on specific aspects of international education. Potential ideas that projects could incorporate but up to the students to create a project:
- Host a panel addressing topics of international education (women of color abroad, being a member of the LGBTQ community abroad, being a student with disabilities abroad, being a first-generation student abroad)
- Present an interactive infographic examining the benefits of intercultural communication competency
- Create a digital story and host discussions around it
- Efforts to create awareness in the community
Timeline: The Global Ambassador program will start taking applications starting September 1st each year. Upon successful completion, students will receive a Global Ambassador Certificate and will be recognized at the Chancellor's annual Leadership Awards Ceremony. Projects must be completed by April 15th in order to be recognized at the awards ceremony.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions or information.