Marketing & Recruitment
The Office of International Education will help advertise your program by:
- creating an interactive webpage highlighting different aspects of your program
- holding a study abroad fair at the beginning of each semester. A reserved table will be provided for each program/leader, and we will prepare marketing information and student interest signup sheets.
- Sending target marketing emails to all UW-Stout students.
- conducing advising sessions with students.
- conducting classroom presentations
Here are some ideas of how you can promote your program:
- Classroom Presentations - Bring the information to them! Many students don’t know about all of the options we provide so by doing a classroom presentation, you are handing the information right to them. We suggest emailing professors of subjects relative to your program and asking to do a 5-10 minute presentation that includes all information on the course, how to apply, what’s included in costs, as well as photos, videos or testimonials from past trips. You could also include general photos of the destinations you'll be visiting.
- Campus Life Today/UW-Stout Today - Submit a Campus Life Today posting. This is a brief post that can advertise applying for the program, application deadline, reminders on upcoming informational meetings, etc.
- UW-Stout Connect - Post any information sessions or other recruiting events on your department's Connect program page.
- Make a Video - This is probably the most enjoyable way to market your program – both for you and whoever is watching it. Making a video gives students a real look into what the program will be like. The video can simply include past student’s testimonials, photos, video clips & information about your program.
- Email Blasts - Email professors and applicable program directors of programs and let them know about your program. Have them forward the information to their students and advocate for your program in their classes. Don’t forget about your colleagues at other campuses, non-stout students can participate on your program as a special student.
- Informational Meetings - Hold an informational meeting about your program. You can reserve a room in the MSC, in your department or at OIE. Please let us know the details of your info session and OIE will advertise it via Campus Life Today, Facebook, Connect, etc. One of our office staff or student assistants/peer advisors can also be there to answer questions and direct students to the application.