Skip to content



Applying for a Passport
When traveling internationally you must have a passport that is valid 6 months beyond your return date. For instructions on how to apply for a passport, please visit the U.S. Department of State website.

If you are applying for a passport for the first time, you must appear in person at a Passport Acceptance Facility.  Visit this site for instructions on how to apply for a passport in-person, application requirements, form DS-11, other documents, fees and processing times. The nearest Passport Acceptance Facility to UW-Stout is located at:

Dunn County Clerk of Courts
615 Stokke Parkway
Menomonie, WI

Ph: 715-232-2611

To locate a different Passport Acceptance Facility, please visit the Passport Acceptance Facility Search Page.

Lost or stolen passport
If your passport is lost or stolen, you will need to report it immediately to protect yourself from identity theft. You can replace it now or later - it's up to you! Once you report a passport lost or stolen, it is invalid and cannot be used for international travel. For more information on lost or stolen passports and how to replace a lost or stolen passport visit the U.S. Department of State Lost or Stolen Passports website.