Skip to content

Military Service

Actively Serving Students and Veterans
The Office of International Education has sent several veterans and active National Guard and Reserves service members abroad on our programs. We recognize that some of you have traveled quite extensively, while others may not have. Either way, studying abroad gives you the opportunity to explore another culture and/or language in an academic setting.
Many veterans can use their benefits to help fund their study abroad experience. You may find the VA Benefits Fact Sheet on Post 9/11 GI Bill and Study Abroad to be a useful resource. Contact Veteran Services for specifics:
109 Bowman Hall
ROTC Students
If you are interested in an exchange within the United States, you can search at the National Student Exchange website by typing “ROTC” in the search box of “Find a campus” by major. Universities that have Army, Navy and Air Force ROTC programs come up.
If you’re interested in study abroad, certainly it would take some advance discussions and negotiations, but it is possible, especially if you look at shorter (maybe faculty-led or summer) programs. You can check out the following sites for more information: - tips - special project with scholarships


UW-Stout student organizations - Military Science Club and Veterans Club

*This page was prepared in consultation with the Veteran Services office. The Study Abroad Team wishes to express its gratitude for the collaboration, input, and support.